The NRBHSS’ mission is to contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of the Nunavik population’s health and well-being and to ensure access to health and well-being services adapted to the population’s needs and particularities. That mission is pursued in close collaboration with the health centres, community organizations and partners in the economic, social, cultural, education and municipal sectors of the Nunavik region.
We are seeking a:
Translator _ interpreter and / or contract translator _interpreter (duration: 12 months)
(Posting : #2021-021)
Under the authority of the Executive Assistant and under the supervision of the Communications Coordinator, the incumbent translates any document from English to Inuktitut and from Inuktitut to English. The incumbent will also provide interpretation services during meetings of the Board of Directors and its executive committee, and may be asked to serve as an interpreter for various other meetings organized by the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services.
- Excellent knowledge of Inuktitut and English (oral and written);
- Knowledge of the Office suite of programs;
- Knowledge of translation software programs considered a major asset.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) shall receive priority. Conditions and benefits
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Temporary, full-time position (35 hours/week) of one year with possibility of extension;
- Teleworking position (South or Nunavik) with trips to Nunavik;
- Hourly salary of 24.46$ to 40.98$ based on your experience;
- 4 weeks of vacation as of first year of employment;
- Eligibility for our benefits program and retirement plan;
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team and in a dynamic environment.
Interested candidates should send their resume, indicating the job # 2021-021, no later than August 6th, 2021 at: