The NRBHSS’ mission is to contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of the Nunavik population’s health and well-being and to ensure access to health and well-being services adapted to the population’s needs and particularities. That mission is pursued in close collaboration with the health centres, community organizations and partners in the economic, social, cultural, education and municipal sectors of the Nunavik region.
We are seeking a:
Personnel management officer (Kuujjuaq) Duration: 12 months
(Posting # 2021 - 037)
Under the authority of the person responsible for human resources, the personnel-management officer shall occupy a general role in HR.
In accordance with the various legislation governing his or her field of competence, the officer shall advise and provide the necessary support for the employees in the areas of remuneration and employment benefits, including those provided according to regional disparities and working conditions, and shall ensure follow-up.
The officer shall support the person responsible for human resources and other team members in any activity under the responsibility of the human-resources service, particularly:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Personnel health, safety and well-being of staff (salary insurance, occupational health and safety, parental rights);
- Hiring (including posting of positions);
- Group insurance;
- Orientation for new employees;Creation of employee files and updating in Logibec.
- Undergraduate university degree in industrial relations or human resources management;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in similar functions;
- Experience in the health and social services network is considered an asset;
- Membership in good standing with the HR Professionals Order;
- Experience in a northern environment is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills of French and English (written and oral). Skills in Inuktitut shall be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Logibec’s Espresso Payroll-HRM software shall be considered a major asset;
- Concern for customer service, excellent skill in communication and interpersonal skills.
Conditions and benefits
Candidates favoured by the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement will be given priority.
What we offer:
- Temporary, full-time position of one year with possibility of extension;
- 35 hours of work per week;
- Position based : Kuujjuaq (Nunavik);
- Salary according to the standards in effect in the health and social service network (24,87$ to 43,06$);
- Northern benefits applicable while working in the territory on a temporary and permanent full-time basis: retention premium ($6,000/year), isolation premium ($10,015/year),and cost-of-living allowance ($3,085/year) and, if hired more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq, subsidized housing provided, moving and storage expenses reimbursed, annual personal trips from Kuujjuaq to point of hiring provided, etc.;
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a growing organization.
Interested candidates should send their resume, indicating the job # 2021-037, no later than July 25th, 2021 at: