Reporting to the Planning and Programming department and supervised by the Psychosocial Affairs and Community Services Coordinator, the officer will be responsible for coordinating mental health initiatives in the Nunavik region, as per regional and ministerial orientations.
The incumbent’s responsibilities will notably include:
· Actively participating in the development of mental health services and service corridors;
· Implementing and monitoring the MSSS’ mental health action plan (PASM, plan d’action en santé mentale) along with the associated regional action plan;
· Providing support for mental health rehabilitation services and helping with the development of community housing resources for this specific clientele;
· Seeking to identify the best practices in the area of mental health;
· Encouraging the development of two regional mental health teams and ensuring program objectives are achieved;
· Cooperating with regional partners involved in positive mental health initiatives, activities and projects as well as enhanced mental health support measures;
· Participating in mental health research projects as needed;
· Verifying the degree of compliance with mental health service agreements for adults and in the area of child psychiatry;
· Helping to identify training requirements and organizing the associated training activities;
· Participating in suicide prevention measures and supporting the officers in charge of the initiative.
The incumbent will work closely with NRBHSS officers, the persons responsible for mental health measures at both health centres, and other partners. The position also entails sitting on various regional committees as required. The incumbent, moreover, will need to ensure that proposed services are in line with Nunavik’s cultural and social realities.
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, nursing or another related discipline.
· Prior experience with regard to service trajectories and mental health practices and interventions.
· Good understanding of the health and social services network.
· Work experience with Inuit or Aboriginal clienteles (an asset).
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· High degree of written and oral proficiency in both French and English; a good understanding of Inuktitut (written and spoken) would be considered a major asset.
Full-time permanent position (35 hours a week).
Position located in Kuujjuaq.
Salary based on MSSS regulations: minimum salary of $25.25/hour - maximum salary of $45.22/hour.
Northern benefits: retention premium ($114.99/week), isolation pay ($191.93/week) and cost-of-living allowance ($59.14/week). Candidate hired from more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq will receive low-cost housing, reimbursement of their moving and storage expenses and personal outings (from Kuujjuaq to the hiring point).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae by May 29, 2020 to:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0