Under the authority of the Director of Public Health, the technician will assist managers and members of the public health team in their clerical and administrative tasks.
The technician will ensure the proper functioning of secretarial activities and provide administrative and technical support to the Public Health Department team.
The technician tasks will include:
- Drafting, editing and layout of letters and documents
- Sending and follow-up of documents with translators (Inuktitut, English and French)
- Processing invoices, request forms and purchase orders
- Travel management (flight, hotel, transportation – expense accounts)
- Answering and answering calls
- Follow-up of signatures with directors and coordinators
- Taking notes, preparing minutes and minutes of certain meetings
- The management of the secretariat's mailbox and the follow-up of the various requests
- Participation in the development, implementation and compliance with the department's policies and procedures
- Participation in team meetings and contribution to problem solving
- Performing any other related function at the request of his immediate superior.
- DEC in office automation or any other appropriate discipline. However, a combination of experience and training may be considered;
- Relevant experience of at least one (1) year in similar functions;
- Proficiency in two of the three languages used in Nunavik, both spoken and written (French, English, Inuktitut);
- Excellent knowledge of the Office suite;
- Demonstrate strong skills for teamwork, priority management, customer service and communications;
- Demonstrate thoroughness, dynamism and flexibility;Work experience in Nunavik or in a remote region is considered an asset.
- Temporary full-time position (35 hours/week) for a period of one year with the possibility of renewal
- Position based in Kuujjuaq
- Salary according to the MSSS rules ($24.21/h to $32.32/h)
Northern benefits: retention bonus ($6,000/year), remoteness ($10,627/year) and cost of living ($3,085/year) and, if hired more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq, accommodation provided to low cost, moving and storage expenses reimbursed, annual personal outings from Kuujjuaq to point of employment provided, etc.
For more information about our services and our region, we invite you to visit the Nunavik Perspective site: https://sante-services-sociaux.ca/en/
Interested candidates should send their résumé, no later than June 7th, 2023, at 5:00 p.m., care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0