For a unique experience with a principal employer in Nunavik, join the dynamic team of the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services (NRBHSS) in Kuujjuaq!
The NRBHSS’ mission is to contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of the Nunavik population’s health and well-being and to ensure access to health and well-being services adapted to the population’s needs and particularities. That mission is pursued in close collaboration with the health centres, community organizations and partners in the economic, social, cultural, education and municipal sectors of the Nunavik region.
We are seeking: Nurses Tuberculosis and STI testing campaigns in Nunavik (Posting : # 2021 - 054)
The Regional Action Plan for the Elimination of Tuberculosis in Nunavik provides for the implementation of population-testing campaigns for tuberculosis (TB). Under the authority of the Infectious Diseases Coordinator of the Regional Health and Social Services Authority (NHS) and the direct supervision of the screening coordinator, you will participate in screening activities for tuberculosis and other types of screening such as sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections (STIs) according to public health guidelines for each community and individual. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be called upon to collaborate with regional partners, especially with the teams of the Health Centres involved in the screening activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Apply screening algorithms;
- Participate in community population screening strategies (school environments, workplaces, door-to-door, etc.);
- Conducting the clinical nursing assessment;
- Perform and read tubercine skin tests (TTS)
- Take blood, urine, sputum samples, etc.
- Record information in the various databases (provincial vaccination register, screening sheets, etc.);
- Participate in community engagement activities;
- Start treatment for new diagnosed cases of TB and/or STIs;
- Conduct case-contact investigations;
- Work closely with the public health team, the clinical physician and all other health professionals involved;
- Closely tracking files;
- Perform any other task related to the coordinator's reques
- DEC in nursing or bachelor's degree in nursing;
- Member of the OIIQ;
- Available to work in a remote setting for periods of 4 to 8 weeks;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability for teamwork;
- Knowledge of the Quebec Immunization Protocol (QIP);
- Up-to-date CPR/DEA certification;
- Knowledge of the Office Suite;
- Nunavik experience and knowledge of Inuit culture, an asset;
- Experience in an intercultural context, an asset;
- Experience in vaccination/vaccination campaign, an asset;
- Experience in paediatrics an asset;
- Excellent command of French and English (oral and written). Knowledge of Inuktitut is considered an important asset.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement (JBNQA) shall receive priority.
What we offer:
- Temporary, part-time position of one year with possibility of extension
- Hourly salary of 24.08$ to 45.22$ based on your experience
- Northern premiums
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic team and in a dynamic environment.