Under the authority of the Infectious Disease Coordinator and as a member of the Infectious Diseases Team of the Nunavik Public Health Branch of the Regional Board of Health and Social Services, the Clinical Nurse for Tuberculosis (TB) will manage people with tuberculosis in TB clinics and will participate in population-based TB screening activities in the various villages of Nunavik under loan of service with the Tullatavik Health Centre of Ungava and the Inullitivik Health Centre.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Participate in community population screening strategies (school, workplace, door-to-door, etc.);
- Conducting the clinical nursing assessment;
- Perform and read tubercine skin tests (TTS);
- Take blood, urine, sputum samples, etc.;
- Record information in the various databases (provincial vaccination register, screening sheets, etc.);
- Conduct case-contact investigations;
- Work closely with the public health team, the clinical physician and all other health professionals involved;
- Ensures regular treatment and clinical follow-up with patients and closely monitors records and closely tracking files;
- Participate in community engagement activities;
- Perform any other tasks related to the coordinator’s request.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing;
Member of the OIIQ;
Available to work in a remote setting for periods of 4 to 6 weeks;
Experience in the prevention and control of reportable diseases would be a major asset;Essential skills and aptitudes
Bilingual (oral and written) French-English; Inuktitut is a major asset;
Remote experience would be an asset;
Knowledge of Nunavik and Inuit culture would be a major asset;
Knowledge of the Office suite.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement shall receive priority.
One year temporary assignment with possibility of extension;
Salary according to the rules issued by the MSSS ($27.08/h to $47.98/h);
When travelling, the Nordic premiums provided for in the working conditions are paid and accommodation is provided.
For more information about our services and our region, please visit Nunavik Perspective: https://sante-services-sociaux.ca/en/
Health and Social Services Network Employees Potentially Eligible for Northern Leave Without Pay
Interested candidates should send their résumé, no later than July 8th, 2022, at 5:00 p.m., care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0