Under the authority of the Regional director of strategy, organisational development, and corporate affairs, and Assistant to the Executive Director and the supervision of the communications coordinator, you contribute to the definition of information and communication objectives and programs, update means, and carry out activities to foster the circulation of information and to encourage effective communications within the regional board and throughout the Nunavik territory.
More specifically, you will need to:
· Participate in the evaluation and design of general, internal and external information programs;
· Work at the production of promotion and information tools for the departments of the NRBHSS;
· Design communication plans;
· Work closely with the Department of Human Resources and Executive Management to support efforts in the organization’s internal communications;
· Ensure the deployment of communication strategies, monitor progress and propose adjustments as needed;
· Contribute to the redesign of Web platforms and integrated communication campaigns for the purposes of manpower recruitment and retention in a multicultural context;
· Draft press communiqués, advisories, public notices and so forth;
· Foster maintenance of coherent communications within the organization.
Bachelor’s degree in communications or other appropriate discipline; however, a combination of relevant experience and training will be considered;Experience required
Experience in communications, media and public relations;
Experience in the health and social services network shall be considered an asset;
Excellent skills in at least two of the three languages in use in the region: Inuktitut, English and French;
Knowledge of Inuit culture and region will be considered an asset;
Demonstrate flexibility, autonomy and teamwork;
Ability to simultaneously lead a variety of mandates and files;
Ability to synthesize and popularize complex information;
Developed and solution-oriented analytical skills;
Good knowledge of social networks and the Web in general.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement shall receive priority.
Temporary, full-time position of one year with the possibility of extension;
Position based in Kuujjuaq or on telework with travel to Nunavik;
Salary according to the rules set forth by the MSSS ($26.22/h to $43.49/h).
Northern benefits: retention premium ($6,000/year), isolation premium ($10,627/year), cost-of-living allowance ($3,085/year) and, if hired more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq, subsidized housing provided, moving and storage expenses reimbursed, annual personal trips from Kuujjuaq to point of hiring provided, etc.
For more information about our services and our region, please visit Nunavik Perspective: https://sante-services-sociaux.ca/en/
Health and Social Services Network Employees Potentially Eligible for Northern Leave Without Pay
Interested candidates should send their résumé, no later than June 27th 2022, at 5:00 p.m., care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0