Under the coordination of the regional team for Qanuippitaa - Inuit health survey (QNIHS) and the field supervisor, the interviewer will travel with one of the survey teams across Nunavik. The interviewer will:
- Administer questionnaires using an electronic tablet;
- Manage transfer of collected data to the regional Data Analyst;
- Refer participants to adequate resources, if needed;
- Represent the Survey team during the fieldwork;
- Report on data collection progress.
In preparation for data collection, the interviewer will be required to attend and successfully complete a paid 10-day survey training.
- Willingness to travel to numerous Nunavik communities for up to six weeks at a time;
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent adaptation ability, high level of autonomy and resourcefulness;
- Experience in data collection, one-on-one interviews or customer services;
- Ability to effectively work with other team members;
- Flexibility in the work schedule as weekly hours and workdays may fluctuate;
- Excellent knowledge of two of the three languages used in the region: Inuktitut, English or French;
- Experience using digital tools, such as Microsoft Office applications, for taking notes and report on data collection progress;
- Previous experience in Nunavik or an Indigenous community.
- Temporary, full-time position from September 2023 to March 2024 (35 hours/week)
- When travelling, Nordic premiums are paid and accommodation is provided
- Salary based on experience (27.08$/h to 47.98$/h)
- Position based in Kuujjuaq or in telework ; frequents trips to the communities of Nunavik
Interested candidates should send their résumé as soon as possible, care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0