Under the coordination of the regional team for Qanuippitaa? Inuit Health Survey (QNIHS) and the Field supervisor, the Wellness Counsellor will travel with one of the survey teams across Nunavik.
The Wellness Counsellor will:
- Provide psychosocial support to team members;
- Organize sharing activities;
- Collaborate closely with the local social worker or mental health nurse to ensure psychological help is continuously provided to participants, even after the team has left;
- Provides continuous support to team members in person or on the phone.
· A high school degree or equivalent or diploma related to social and wellness intervention;
· Experience in listening to and counselling individuals on matters related to their wellness;
· Experience in organizing debriefing sessions;
· Effective interpersonal interactions and ability to work in a team;
· Excellent adaptation ability, high level of autonomy and resourcefulness;
· Flexibility in the work schedule as weekly hours and workdays may fluctuate;
· Awareness of the realities of Nunavik and Inuit culture;
· Excellent skills in at least two of the three languages in use in the region: Inuktitut, English and French.
· Willingness to travel within different Nunavik communities between October 2023 and April 2024 as a QNIHS fieldworker
- Temporary, full-time position from October 2023 to April 2024 (35 hours/week)
- When travelling, Nordic premiums are paid and accommodation is provided
- Telework position with regular travel to Nunavik communities;
- Position based in Kuujjuaq or in telework ; frequents trips to the communities of Nunavik
- Salary based on experience (27.08$/h to 47.98$/h)
Interested candidates should send their résumé as soon as possible, care of:
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services