Under the authority of the Director of Public Health and under the supervision of the Infectious Disease Coordinator, the technician in administration will provide all secretarial and clerical support to the members of the infectious diseases team and, if necessary, to the team of the public health secretariat. She will be assigned to any other duties as requested by the Coordinator.
You will also be responsible for:
- Take notes at certain meetings and prepare minutes;
- Assist employees in accessing computer hardware/applications/software;
- Support professionals in communicating public health information to partners (e.g. public health alerts, Info-MADO, calls for vigilance);
- Manage mail for the Quebec office;
- Replace absences of other members of the Public Health Administrative Technician team;Any other tasks requested by the coordination team.
Office automation or other appropriate discipline; however, a combination of experience and training may be considered;
• Relevant experience of at least three (3) years in similar duties;
• Fluency in two of the three languages used in Nunavik, both spoken and written (English, French, Inuktitut);
• Excellent knowledge of the Office Suite;
• Demonstrate strong teamwork, priority management, customer service and communications skills;
• Be thorough, dynamic and flexible
• Experience working in Nunavik or in remote areas is considered a significant asset.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement shall receive priority.
Temporary full-time position (35 hours/week) for a period of 2 years with the possibility of renewal;
Position based in Quebec city with telework;
Salary according to the MSSS rules ($24.21/h to $32.32/h);
Occasional travel to Nunavik
For more information about our services and our region, we invite you to visit the Nunavik Perspective site: https://sante-services-sociaux.ca/en/
Health and Social Services Network Employees Potentially Eligible for Northern Leave Without Pay.
Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services
P.O. Box 900, Kuujjuaq, Québec J0M 1C0