JOB TITLE: Clinician Nurse
STATUS: Permanent full time position (36.25 hours/week)
SERVICE: Tusaajiapik Elders Home and Day Center
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs - Elders and Day Center
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
This position is open to candidates with a BAC or DEC as long as they obtain a score of 70/85 on the evaluation grid that will be completed at the interview.
· Responsible for identifying the needs in health services, contributing to diagnostic methods, providing and controlling nursing care required for health promotion, disease prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. Provide nursing care in accordance with a medical prescription.
In collaboration with the Head of Programs, IAS, Homecare team, as well as the other coworkers and partners, develops a social geriatric approach within the services;
Plans and implements programs that are geared towards Elders with multiple medical conditions and or cognitive impairments;
Participates in different activities at the Day Center;
Replaces the Assistant to Immediate Supervisor during regular absences (holidays, etc.);
Works on a flexible schedule: day, evening and week end;
Collaborates in the development of a residential unit for people living with cognitive impairment;
Can be called upon to occasionally provide help and replace in other Community Services programs (Mental health, Home care, Chronic diseases, etc.)
Will be asked to do on-call duty outside of business hours
Any others related duties as required.
Conditions and benefits
· Active member of the O.I.I.Q.;
· Bachelor's degree in nursing. Lack of a degree may be compensated by relevant experience;
· Minimum of two (2) years of experience with persons with a loss of physical and cognitive autonomy;
· Good knowledge of geriatrics, Alzheimer's disease and dementia;
· Experience working in a day care center would be an asset;
· Experience working in an intercultural environment;
· Knowledge of Inuit culture required, Inuktitut is an asset;
· Interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills;
· Ability to maintain a high standard of ethics and confidentiality towards clients and their families;
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team;
· Bilingualism French and English essential;
Valid driving license required.
SALARY: Min.: $ 915.315 Max.: $ 1639.23 /week
HIGH COST OF LIVING: $ 59.14/week or more, as per the family status
ISOLATION PREMIUM: $ 191.93 or $338.29 /week as per the family status
RETENTION PREMIUM: $ 269.23 /year
Any employee recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which she/he is called upon to perform her/his duties, will be granted annual trips and lodging unit as per her/his status, shared lodging if necessary.