The Administration Manager is responsible for:
- Coordinating administrative support to all departments.
- Ensuring proper day-to-day operations and maintenance of the buildings.
- Supervising administration services team.
- Planning external and internal meetings and events.
- Promoting the development of a positive cultural identity amongst staff and clients.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director, the Administration Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the administrative systems and the proper functioning of the buildings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management & planning
Supervises and coaches:
- Coordinator of administration
- Coordinator of Food Services-Head Cook
- Office Assistant
- IT Specialist
Ensures proper planning and implementation of
- maintenance of all buildings as well as their proper operations.
- IT maintenance, support and replacement.
- all service contracts for the Centre (buildings, vehicles, equipment)
- food services.
Implements and maintains systems to ensure the following services are offered efficiently:
- Accurate files, records and correspondence.
- Administrative and clerical support to all departments.
- IT support & maintenance.
- Food services for guests.
- Maintaining up to date staff and Board organization charts, contact sheets and Calendar of events.
- Translation of documents.
- Travel and accommodation arrangements for Directors, senior management, staff and consultants.
- Other office and administrative duties as required.
Supports Executive Management and Executive Assistant with:
- Preparing letters, briefing notes, schedules, agendas and Board meeting packages.
- Preparing, maintaining and ensuring the safeguard of all correspondence, meeting minutes and records of decision.
- Writing detailed reports, briefing notes and correspondence.
Meetings, Events and Special Projects:
Ensures proper arrangements are made for:
- Meeting space.
- Avaiilability of specific meeting-related materials, files, information and documents.
- Availability of AV equipment and general meeting materials.
- Minutes and accurate records of meetings and other events.
Coordinate various meetings and events:
- Assisting in planning the event, inviting guests, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings (e.g., staff meetings, Center Graduation etc.).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Deputy Executive Director.
- Completion of a college program (an asset).
- Completion of a management program (an asset) or willingness to complete an appropriate program.
- Coursework in organizational practices or human relations (an asset).
- 5 years related work experience.
- 1 year of supervision experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting.
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff members, Directors, contractors and the general public.
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to plan events.
- Strong ability to work independently and/or in a team.
- Ability to work outside standard office hours.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Inuktitut as well as English (mandatory).
- Ability to read, write, and speak French (an asset).
- Isuarsivik is undergoing a major transition that requires flexibility, creativity, and adaptability.
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from guests, staff, and partners.
- The incumbent must also be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network.
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience.
- Probation period.
- Mentorship or training program available (if requirements are not met).
To ask your questions or send your application, contact the human resources manager, Abiola Boldon, by email to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.