I. Position Overview
Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre has adopted a Development Plan which provides for an expansion of its services and workforce as well as for the building of a new facility by the end of 2022. The Centre is currently planning the transition of its services to the new facility while operating five healing cycles yearly.
In this context, the Project and Communication Officer plays a crucial role in:
- Positioning Isuarsivik as an Inuit culturally sensitive recovery center offering distinctive and specific programs to deal with all kind of addictions and intergenerational trauma.
- Deploying internal and external communication actions to promote the Centre’s services at the regional level.
- Facilitate several development projects related to the virtual care services, the construction project, the family programming and fundraising initiatives.
II. Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Deputy Executive Director, the Project and Communication Officer will contribute to the realization of important projects for the organization. This person will engage, nurture and scale relationships with Isuarsivik’s stakeholders as well as its guests, its employees and the general population.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate various tasks for new projects related to the new Centre according to requests, deadlines and budgets previously established;
- Write and translate marketing content in the appropriate style;
- Ensure follow-up of the project schedule and update in order to reach the project objectives;
- Perform various project monitoring tasks and complete the associated reporting (actions, strategy, actual and expected costs, schedule, deliverables, others if applicable);
- Organize consultations, workshops, focus groups and meetings with community and project stakeholders;
- Take detailed notes of the workshops and data analysis sessions;
- Document and report on the progress of various projects.
Internal and External Communication
- Regularly update the content of the website with latest news about Isuarsivik’s projects and services;
- Write compelling social media content to position the organization and build engagement with Isuarsivik’s stakeholders;
- Create content for the quarterly newsletter and news alerts for announcements and build trust-worthy relationships;
- Assist in the preparation of various print documents (brochures, leaflets, corporate folder, letters, annual reports, etc.);
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media and general inquiries.
- Prepare reports, briefs, presentations, website content and press releases in regards to different fundraising initiatives;
- Collaborate in the deployment of the Pingngupaa Challenge (February);
- Organize and deploy the annual Plant Sale (September);
- Perform any other tasks requested to support the teams.
- Post-secondary education in Communication, Project Management, Administration or related field;
- 3-5 years experience in project management;
- Professional experience planning and writing ;
Knowledge and Skills
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting;
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Ability to draft reports, documents and work plans on a computer;
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
V. Work Environment
- Isuarsivik is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from guests, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network.
- Benefits related to isolation and high cost of living are offered.
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience.
- Probation period.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL OR FAX TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre
P.O. Box 749
Kuujjuaq, Quebec (CANADA) J0M 1C0
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.