The Inuulitsivik Health Center, with over 950 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It provides front-line health and social services to the population of the Hudson Bay territory, which is made up of approximately 7,000 people, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support services. In addition, it provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The mission of the latter is to receive Inuit people who need health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is spread over seven communities on the Hudson Bay coast, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the authority of the Director of Youth Protection, the incumbent will be responsible for the design, assessment, analysis of reports and the development and updating of intervention plans to end the compromised situation of clients. He/she will also be responsible for implementing court-ordered measures or agreements that are subject to voluntary measures. The person will be required to provide some psychosocial custody. The person may be required to work in the application of measures and/or assessment-orientation department. Performs any other related duties as requested by the immediate superior.
- Must have a first university degree in the humanities, such as: social work, criminology, psychology, psycho-education;
- Be a member of the OTSTCFQ and/or be qualified to perform reserved activities (not required for positions in the Application of Measures)
- Have a theoretical and practical knowledge of the Youth Protection Act and the concept of protection;
- Having an experience with children;
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Ability to adapt to a different environment and culture;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, in an emergency and crisis context.
- Hybrid position with travel to the North (between 4 and 6 weeks) combined with telecommuting;
- Hourly rate between $27.08 and $47.98;
- Temporary full time position (day 35h/week + on-call);
- Furnished housing and air transportation provided by the center;
- Cargo premium: between $36.64/week and $146.29/week
- Remoteness premium between 203,66$/week and 240,25$/week;
- Retention premium between $114.99/week and $225.18/week depending on years of service in the North;
Please submit your application by email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org