I. Position OverviewThe Office Assistant plays a crucial role in:
- Promoting Isuarsivik as an Inuit culturally sensitive recovery center offering distinctive and specific programs to deal with all kinds of addictions and intergenerational trauma;
- Supporting the administrative departments of the centre.
II. Purpose of PositionUnder the direction of the Manager of Administration, the Office Assistant is responsible for providing reception, clerical and administrative services and support to the organization.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities1. Reception:
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls
- Ensure telephone messages are delivered immediately to the appropriate people
- Ensure when not in reception area someone else is taking telephone calls
- Receive, record and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and faxes
- Greet visitors
- Keep an accurate log of all visitors and their reason for coming to the Center
- Getting checks signed
- Maintain accurate files, records and correspondence
- Assist the Manager of Administration with:
- Travel and accommodation arrangements for Directors, staff and consultants
- Clerical support and assistance
- Coordinating activities for meetings and events as directed
- Prepare materials and photocopies as directed
- Data input as directed
- Assist in the preparation of reports, presentations and correspondence
- Assist to maintain central and electronic filing systems
- Keep the general office area, meeting room and staff lounge clean and orderly
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies
- Ensure availability of coffee/tea for office use
1. With the direction of the Manager of Administration, provide to the Executive Director and all managers:
- Clerical and administrative assistance
- Assistance with data input
- Perform other related duties, as required, by management.
- High School Leaving Certificate
- A combination of education and experience will be considered Training in Inuit culture and practices;
- A minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
- Knowledge of the Isuarsivik Recovery Center Mission and Mandate
- Strong communication (both oral and written) skills
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to use tact and diplomacy and work under pressure
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Appreciation of the need for accuracy and meeting timeline/deadline requirements is essential
- Some analytical and problem solving skills
- Maintains performance despite occasions of stress of the job
- Able to use all common office equipment including computer, fax, telephone, mail/stamp machine, photocopier and scanner
- Maintain focus and performance while dealing with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
- Ability to work outside standard office hours;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
V. Work Environment
- Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from clients, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network;
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience;
- Probation period;
- Cost of living differential, transport to and from hiring point (province of Québec) and low rent fee for accommodation are included in Isuarsivik’s employee benefit package.
Starting date: to be discussed
Job posting end date: August 5, 2020 Additional details
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL OR FAX TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Treatment Centre
P.O. Box 749
Kuujjuaq, Nunavik (QC.)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.