I. Position Overview
The Attendant plays a crucial role:
- Ensuring that clients are safe and secure during the evenings and weekends when the rest of the clinical team is not at the Centre;
- Ensures they do not counsel the clients but act as a resource to both clients and the rest of the clinical team in order to ensure information is passed on to the correct team members
Under the direction of the Recovery Program Manager, the Attendant is responsible for the Center and clients during evenings and weekends.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcomes clients and performs the welcome intake procedure for Attendants;
- Familiarize yourself with the shift report and update the shift report at then of each shift;
- Listens to clients that may be processing the experience of their stay and report back to Counsellors when required;
- Required to contact the Counsellor on-call for all crisis situations;
- Handles client medications according to the medication protocol.
- Verifies that all chores are complete by the clients;
- Ensures clients are following the house rules and program expectations;
- Answers the phone and directs call as required;
- Attends all staff meetings;
- Accompanies clients on any outings out of the Centre;
- Verifies the Center is secure during their shift (locks, doors, windows, offices etc.);
- Verifies that client-side kitchen is secure (stove, knives etc.);
- Ensures there are no visitors at the Centre outside of visiting hours. Visitors outside of visiting hours need to be pre-authorized by the Recovery Program Manager;
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Program Recovery Manager.
- Highschool Diploma
- 1-2 years in a similar position
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting;
- Strong ability to work independently and/or in a team;
- Ability to work outside standard office hours;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs and ability to use a computer;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
- Isuarsivik Reginal Recovery Centre is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, patience, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from clients, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network;
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience;
- Cost of living differential are included in Isuarsivik’s employee benefit package.
Job posting end date: Open Additional details
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Treatment Centre
P.O. Box 749
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.