In partnership with the Nunavik Regional Board and the Cree Board of James Bay, Cégep Marie- Victorin is responsible for a training program aimed at supporting the professional development of Inuit and Cree professionals working as administrative technicians in Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee
As part of his duties, the person sought will, among other things:
- Participate in the development of programs targeting essential skills for administrative technicians in the Health Centers serving the Inuit and Crees of Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee region.
- Develop adapted training and didactic material in English aimed at developing project management, communication, administration, office and accounting skills.
- Facilitate, in English, the training and mentoring of Inuit and Crees working as in administrative fields.
- Perform the evaluation of the professional achievements of the Inuit and Cree participants.
- Provide professional support to administrative technicians through telephone, email and video conferencing.
- Undergraduate university education in communication, administration or a field related to professional intervention with targeted clienteles.
- Mastery of skills related to the management of the workplaces
- Human resources experience is an asset.
- Teaching experience and strong interest in the competency-based approach.
- Relevant experience of intervention with Aboriginal communities.
- Excellent communication skills and empathy.
- Sense of innovation and great adaptability.
- Availability for many trips in Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee region.
- Ability to work with virtual communication platforms.
- Essential bilingualism (English, French) both orally and in writing.
- Proper use of the Office suite.
Start of mandate:
- Possibility of contract for the year 2020-2021.
- From $ 45,000 to $ 73,000 plus Nordic premium.
Send your CV at the latest June 18th 2021 to: