In partnership with the Nunavik Regional Board, the Cree Council of James Bay, Cégep Marie-Victorin is responsible for a training program aimed at supporting the professional development of Inuit and Crees who work in psychosocial intervention in Nunavik and James Bay region
As part of his duties, the person sought will, among other things:
- Participate in the development of programs aimed at developing the skills of Inuit and Cree workers working in social work and specialized education in the health and social services network of northern Quebec
- Develop adapted training and teaching materials supporting the development of skills in psychosocial intervention.
- Facilitate training and mentoring of Inuit and Crees working in the health and social services network.
- Perform the evaluation of the professional achievements of the Inuit and Cree participants.
- Provide professional support to participants through telephone, email and video conference calls.
- Undergraduate university education in social work, psychoeducation or a field related to professional intervention.
- Mastery of psychosocial intervention skills.
- Teaching experience and strong interest in the competency-based approach.
- Relevant experience of intervention with Aboriginal communities.
- Excellent communication skills and empathy.
- Sense of innovation and great adaptability.
- Availability for many trips in Northern Quebec communities.
- Ability to work with virtual communication platforms.
- Essential bilingualism (English, French) both orally and in writing.
- Proper use of the Office suite.
Start of mandate: possibility of contract starting in the fall of 2019 and in the year 2019-2020 (Salary: from $ 45,000 to $ 73,000 plus Nordic premium.Additional details