With the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services and the Cree Board of Health and Social Services, Cégep Marie-Victorin provides professional training programs to Inuit and Cree psychosocial workers of the regions of Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee.
Among other things, you will be called upon to:
- Take part in the development of training programs focussed on the professional growth of Inuit and Cree psychosocial workers working in the Health and Social Services fields in Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee;
- Build trainings tailored to the Inuit and Cree clientele as well as the teaching material facilitating the development of the psychosocial workers’ professional skills;
- Conduct trainings and mentor Inuit and Cree psychosocial workers who work in the field of Health and Social Services;
- Evaluate the skills acquired by the participants of our programs;
- Provide mentorship and professional supervisions to the participants over the phone, by e-mail of video-calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services, Psychoeducation, Psychology or in any other discipline relevant to the field of psychosocial intervention.
- To possess practical skills in psychosocial intervention.
- Teaching experience and a special interest in regard to the competency-based approach.
- Relevant experience in intervention with Indigenous Communities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and to display empathy.
- Be innovative and have adaptation skills.
- Be available to regularly travel to Nunavik and Eeyou Istchee.
- Ability to work with different virtual communication platforms.
- To be bilingual (English and French) spoken and written is essential.
- The proper use of the Microsoft Office suite.
Beginning of mandate:
- From December 8th, 2021, to June 30th, 2022. Possibility of contract extension.
Job location :
- 7000, Marie-Victorin, Montréal and Nunavik
- 45,000$ to 82,000 $ (plus Northern Premiums)
Please send your resume by December 12, 2021 to the attention of: Marie Cousineau: