JOB TITLE: Rehabilitation Unit Manager
PLACE OF WORK: INUKJUAK rehabilitation unit (girls unit)
STATUS: Mid-Manager, permanent full time position
SUPERVISOR: Head of programs
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
· Administer and manage all activities related to the Rehabilitation Unit and its human resources, ensuring budget planning, assessment of material needs and staffing;
· Ensure the quality of services by developing and leading therapeutic activities and counseling; Ensure flow of communications with the client’s parents and other interveners;
· Ensure training of staff;
· Ensure adequate standards of safety, order and hygiene in the center through the implementation of policies and procedures.
· College Degree specialized education technique (for an Inuk candidate, work experience may palliate to the lack of diploma)
· Five (5) years of pertinent experience in rehabilitation
· Strong leadership skills
· Knowledge of child and youth development, and attachment theory
· Ability to teach and train staff regarding child and youth development and attachment theory
· Significant capacities to organize and manage staff, budgets and material installations
· Responsible and ethical, especially pertaining to client confidentiality
· Able to communicate with professionals and the population
· Bilingual (English/Inuktitut) is a major asset
· Able to pass a criminal background check
· Possess a valid driver’s license
SALARY: Class 37 - according to MHSS regulations
Minimum: 73,955$ /year Maximum: 91,141$ /year
ISOLATION PREMIUM: 10,015 $ or 17,652 $/year; as per the family status
HIGH COST OF LIVING: 5,118 $ /year, or more according to the family status
RETENTION PREMIUM: 6,000$ per year or more, as per the service (temporary measure)
If you have a desire of a professional experience in a northern context, we invite you to join our team. Anyone recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality where he is required to perform his duties, shall be entitled to three or four vacation trips per year (as per the family status), housing provided free of charge, moving and storage expenses. We invite you to visit the following Website; you will find additional information about our Health Center: www.health-social-services.ca
*Priority goes to entitled managers who are on job stability.
Candidates who are beneficiaries of James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement shall receive priority.
Only the selected candidates are contacted for an interview.