Under the authority of the immediate supervisor, the person plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities and programs offered at the seniors' residence and the Day Centre. Plans the financial, material, informational and human resources of Tusaajiapik and the Day Center in collaboration with the associated stakeholders. In collaboration with her staff, internal and external partners and network stakeholders, she develops a social geriatric approach within her services. Ensures that the seniors' residence is a culturally appropriate living environment. Manages the activities related to the services provided to registered users and ensures the complementarity of the services offered with the other services of the establishment and the community. Ensures the administrative management and accountability of the services under her responsibility and follows up with the persons concerned. Plans and coordinates the Board of Directors of Tusaajiapik and the Day Center which is a community organization. Review and propose an organizational structure in accordance with our clientele and current requirements. Will be called upon to collaborate in the establishment and management of the Kuujjuaq Elders' House. Will be called upon to do administrative work outside of business hours.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- A Master's degree in management would be an asset.
- Exceptional work experience may be considered with a score above 80% in the interview;
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in the health and social services network with clients in loss of autonomy;
- Has experience in accountability,
- Experience in managing a community organization.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in Nunavik or in a remote area;
- Knowledge of Alzheimer's disease and the various types of dementia;
- Excellent c knowledge of English and French (spoken and written). Knowledge of Inuktitut would be an asset;
- Positive leadership, team player and organizational skills;
- Ability to work under less than optimal conditions.
- Ability to adapt to a remote environment and to work with Inuit clients and staff;
- Valid driver's license.
SALARY: Salary shall be those applicable to the managers of the Health and Social Services network.
CLASS 37: Min.: $ 73 955.24 Max.: $ 94 141.13 / year
ISOLATION PREMIUM: $ 10 015 or $ 17 652 / year, as per the family status
HIGH COST OF LIVING: $ 3 075 / year or more, as per the family status
RETENTION PREMIUM: $ 6 000 or $ 14 000/year, according to professional job title
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: If you are presently working within the Health and Social Services network, you are entitled to request a leave of absence to work in a northern establishment.
If you have a desire of a professional experience in a Nordic context, we invite you to join our team. Anyone recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality where he is required to perform his duties, shall be entitled to: three or four vacation trips per year (as per the family status), housing provided free of charge (transit or shared lodging if necessary) moving and storage expenses.