In partnership with the Nunavik Regional Board and the Cree Board of James Bay, Cégep Marie-Victorin is responsible for a training program aimed at supporting the professional development of Inuit and Cree professionals working as administrative technicians in Nunavik and James Bay region.
As part of his duties, the person sought will, among other things:
- Participate in the development of programs targeting essential skills for administrative technicians in the Health Centers serving the Inuit and Crees of Northern Quebec.
- Develop adapted training and didactic material aimed at developing communication, administration, office and accounting skills.
- Facilitate training and mentoring of Inuit and Crees working as administrative technicians.
- Perform the evaluation of the professional achievements of the Inuit and Cree participants.
- Provide professional support to administrative technicians through telephone, email and video conferencing.
- Undergraduate university education in communication, administration or a field related to professional intervention with targeted clienteles.
- Mastery of skills related to the management of the workplaces
- Teaching experience and strong interest in the competency-based approach.
- Relevant experience of intervention with Aboriginal communities.
- Excellent communication skills and empathy.
- Sense of innovation and great adaptability.
- Availability for many trips in Northern Quebec communities.
- Ability to work with virtual communication platforms.
- Essential bilingualism (English, French) both orally and in writing.
- Proper use of the Office suite.
Start of mandate: possibility of a contract starting in the fall of 2019 and during the year 2019-2020 (Salary: from $ 45,000 to $ 73,000 plus Nordic premium.)Additional details