The NRBHSS’ mission is to contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of the Nunavik population’s health and well-being and to ensure access to health and well-being services adapted to the population’s needs and particularities. That mission is pursued in close collaboration with the health centres, community organizations and partners in the economic, social, cultural, education and municipal sectors of the Nunavik region.
We are seeking a:
Planning and Programming Coordinator – Child-Youth-Family Service Programs
(Permanent, full-time position, intermediate officer, Kuujjuaq)
(Posting # 2021 -038)
Under the authority of the Director of the Department of Planning and Programming, the Planning and Programming Advisor is responsible for the planning, organization, coordination and evaluation of all child youth-family service programs.
The Advisor collaborates with various local, regional and provincial stakeholders to implement the regional strategic plan.
The person selected for this position must possess strong interpersonal skills. Specifically, he/she should have the capacity to guide officers with the design and implementation of orientations. He/she should also be able to exercise mobilizing and innovative leadership among authorities, organizations and workers in this sector of activity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undergraduate diploma in Social Work or a relevant professional discipline;
- At least five year’s experience in the health and social services network, including two in program management;
- Good knowledge of the clientele, child-youth-family problems, and the Youth Protection Act;
- Knowledge of service programs for intellectual and physical disabilities, mental health and addiction.
- Ability to speak and write in at least two of the following three languages spoken in the region: Inuktitut;
- English or French;
- Knowledge of Nunavik is an important asset;
- Knowledge of Micosoft Office Suite.
What we offer:
- Peranent, full-time position, intermediate officer located at Kuujjuaq;
- Salary according to the rules set forth by the MSSS applicable to management personnel of the health and social services network, class 15;
- Northern benefits: retention premium ($6 000/year), isolation premium ($9 626/year), cost-of-living allowance ($3 085/year) and, if hired more than 50 km from Kuujjuaq, subsidized housing, provided, moving and storage expenses reimbursed, annual personal trips from Kuujjuaq to point of hiring provided, etc.;
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within a growing organization.