Salary: $60.00/hour (possibility of adjustment taking into consideration experience and education)
McGill’s School of Social Work has entered into an agreement with the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services to deliver a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) pilot program in Kuujjuaq. The School of Social Work is seeking a Course Developer – Curriculum to join our team to assist in tailoring the BSW program to the Inuit context.
To ensure the unique realities, interests and perspectives of Inuit are acknowledged, affirmed and implemented throughout the Bachelor of Social Work program, each course will be adapted according to input from Inuit knowledge holders which include the Course Developer - Curriculum and local community members. In addition, the Course Developer – Curriculum will co-teach each course, along with a McGill instructor, in order to bring into the classroom local teaching and learning practices.
The position will be based in Kuujjuaq and is full time, however, it can be divided into part time positions. Availability for travel within Nunavik may be required. Lodging will be provided if the applicant is coming from another community in Nunavik. This is a 1 year contract with the possibility of extending longer. Working conditions (hours, length of contract, etc.) might be negotiated with the candidate.
The successful applicant will:
- Work with the BSW team to tailor course content and delivery to reflect Inuit cultural, social, economic, spiritual, and political realities;
- Co-teach courses in the Bachelor of Social Work program delivered in Kuujjuaq;
- Provide guidance and support to students enrolled in the BSW delivered in Kuujjuaq.
- fluency in Inuktitut;
- knowledge of Inuit history, policy and social realities;
- knowledge of Inuit customs, values and ways of life;
- diplôme d'études collégiales or equivalent certificate program.
- knowledge of holistic approaches to learning about Inuit culture through physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual components;
- teaching experience;
- experience in or familiarity with social service-related work.
Please contact Pamela Weightman at 514-979-6487 or email@example.com for more information or to apply.