I. Position Overview
The primary mandate of the Recovery Program Manager is to:
- Ensure access to quality specialized inpatient rehabilitation services to clients who enter the current program;
- Revise and develop clinical policies and procedures;
- Manages the clinical team (certified counsellors, trainees, attendants);
- Participate in the accreditation process with Accreditation Canada and the Quebec Department of Health and Social Services (MSSS).
II. Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Recovery Program Manager is responsible for the coordination of the inpatient rehabilitation services.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and support the staff of the Clinical department;
- Monitors and provides direction and information to all department staff on medication, reporting and dealing with any inconsistencies to ensure recording of medication is done properly;
- Responsible for orientation for all new staff and recommends working with clients and training, which will benefit staff of the Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre;
- Responsible for scheduling the staff of the Clinical department;
- Responsible for program compliance with mandatory reporting laws, incident reporting, ethical guidelines and other reporting guidelines as required;
- Monitors program activities in accordance with established policies and principles and guidelines as set out by the Board of Directors and the Executive Director.
- Provides clinical support to employees of the various departments, in collaboration with the Continued Care Services and Inuit Values and Practices department coordinators;
- Debriefs daily with counselors and informs evening attendants of any major issues/concerns prior to their shift;
- Evaluates the services offered by the Department and recommends the necessary changes to meet the needs of clients;
- Develops manualized protocols
- Serve as on-call manager;
- May be required to assist in individual, family and group therapeutic activities.
In the context of the opening of the new Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre, the Recovery Program Manager:
- Supports the revision and adaptation of the current program;
- Supports the development of evidence-based family therapeutic services for families and pregnant women;
- Contributes to the devising of the following processes: hiring, training and professional accreditation of the Rehabilitation department staff;
- Performs other related tasks duties assigned by the Executive Director of Isuarsivik.
- University degree in a discipline of social intervention
- Specialization in addictions
- In good standing with their professional order and maintain registration and certification required to uphold requirements of job title, by the certification and registration board;
- Completion of a management program would be considered an asset
- 2 years in a supervisor position in the field of social intervention
- 5 years as an addictions counsellor (inpatient and/or outpatient program)
- Experience in service planning would be considered an asset
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
- Ability to write and speak French is an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Personal and professional experience in a northern and cross-cultural setting
- Candidate must be a certified addictions counsellor/clinical supervisor
- Healthy lifestyle
- Ability to work outside standard office hours;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
V. Work Environment
- Isuarsivik Recovery Centre is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, patience, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from clients, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
Starting date: to be discussed
Job posting end date: July 10, 2020 Additional details
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL OR FAX TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Treatment Centre
P.O. Box 749
Kuujjuaq, Nunavik (QC.)
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.