Under the supervision of the Director of Financial and Information Resources, the person identifies and analyzes financial resource requirements, prepares budget forecasts, distributes the allocated budget envelopes and implements the control mechanisms required to ensure compliance with the policies, procedures, regulations and directives of the institution and the Ministère de la Santé et des Services Sociaux. The person is also responsible for the human, financial and information resources under his/her responsibility.
Under the supervision of the Financial and Information Resources Manager, this position is responsible for :
- Implement the management and specific programs of the accounting departments in accordance with accounting principles, laws and financial management regulations;
- Participate in the development of financial resource management policies, rules and procedures, and ensure their dissemination, application and updating;
- Provide support and advice to managers on the management and use of their financial resources;
- Prepare annual and special budgets;
- Ensure the production of all required budgetary reports and the implementation of the budgetary control system;
- Ensures the production of appropriate reports on the establishment's budget forecasts, financial, operational and statistical activities. By interpreting the results, submits recommendations to management and forwards reports to those concerned;
- Lead the preparation, analysis and presentation of monthly financial results within the required deadlines (Table 1 - RR-444 - AS-471 ...);
- Produce the annual financial report and provide the external auditors with the assistance they need to carry out their mandate;
- Ensure the operation and control of the collection of sums due to the establishment and the verification of cash receipts and disbursements;
- Manage cash flows in accordance with established policies;
- Control and manage asset inventories and financial control of capital projects.
- Disseminate information relating to the interpretation and application of the standards and practices of the Financial Management Manual;
- Apply the provisions of the Public Trustee Act;
- Manage and coordinate the work of a team of 10 people.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or other university training relevant to the position.
- Member of the Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec.
- Graduate training in a discipline relevant to the position (accounting, public administration) is considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a financial management position;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a management position;
- Master best practices in financial resource management;
- Basic knowledge of performance management and costing;
- Good knowledge of the health and social services network and the public health network is an asset;
- Good command of remote management and results-based management practices;
- Master best practices in project management and continuous improvement;
- Foster positive long-term relationships with customers and maintain a high level of satisfaction by providing quality services or products.
Between $74,481 and $96,826 per year
35 hours per week
Full time 6 months
Permanent full-time position based in Puvirnituq;
3 to 4 annual outings depending on status;
Cargo bonus; $115.64/week;
Retention premium: $114.99/week:
Removal premium: $203.66/week without dependent and $358.99/week with dependent ;
Furnished accommodation provided;
Moving expenses paid by employer;
Storage costs, if any, paid by employer.
Please, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org