The Inuulitsivik Health Centre (CSI), with more than 950 employees, is part of the health and social services network of Quebec, Nunavik region. It provides the population of the Hudson Bay Territory of approximately 7,000 people with front-line health and social services, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support. In addition, it provides youth protection services and management for the Nunavik region of Ullivik in Dorval. Its mission is to welcome Inuit people who need to receive health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is distributed in seven communities on the Hudson Bay coast from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the authority of the Executive Director, the person holding this position is responsible for ensuring the quality and safety of nursing care. He/she is also responsible for planning, organising, co-ordinating and evaluating the nursing care provided to our hospitalised and ambulatory users. He or she is also responsible for discipline, for the respect of professional standards and the ongoing education of nurses. Furthermore, he or she will assume the responsibility of quality management, risk management, workplace and environmental safety for nursing teams and users, training, nursing research as well as any ongoing programs such as mental health and community health programs.
As well, he or she will support the management and act as councillor in relation to the nurse’s act to for Ullivik, for their nursing personnel.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The director :
1. Defines the philosophy of care, selects or designs when necessary, conceptual models according to the categories of user..
2. Ensures respect for the individuality of the user and his privacy.
3. Ensures proper distribution of nursing care in each care units, taking into account users and their families.
4. Decides on the location of care modalities or services to meet the cultural, spiritual and bio-psychosocial needs of users of the institution.
5. Ensures the establishment of a workload measurement system in order to optimize the care of users.
6. Identifies, analyzes and evaluates the nursing care required at night, day, evening, weekend and statutory holiday in the facility.
7. Ensures the establishment of coordination mechanisms and continuity of nursing care twenty-four (24) hours a day in his direction, including emergency service.
8. Ensures the development, implementation, execution, evaluation and updating of the nursing care programs as well as education and research to help promote health.
9. Ensures that the family, significant others or the legal representatives of users are included, as appropriate, in the processes related to the nursing practice.
10. Ensures that the confidential information on the users is respected in his/her direction.
11. Ensures the maintenance of a safe environment for users, staff and visitors for the practice of nursing.
12. Ensures the development, implementation and monitoring of the nursing quality evaluation program in the center.
13. Ensures the development of nursing rules that reflect the need to provide adequate and efficient services to users, as well as the organization and resources available to the institution.
14. Implements the Council of Nurses in collaboration with partners and ensures its proper functioning;
15. Ensures the development, implementation, evaluation and updating of standards, processes, techniques and protocols of care.
16. Participates in the deployment of IPSPL positions, in addition to overseeing the IPSPL implementation process and supervising their practice;
17. Collaborates in the development of the medication administration policy.
18. Ensures the implementation of means of controlling medication, drugs and narcotics.
19. Ensures monitoring of medication administration errors, declarations of infection and reporting of accidents and incidents.
20. Involved in the mechanism of authorization for delegated medical acts, according to established regulations.
21. Ensures the application of the mechanisms of delegation for authorized nursing acts, according to established regulations.
22. Advises and provides support to managers on issues related to nursing.
23. Collaborates with the College of Nurses of Quebec and the corporation of Licensed Practical Nurses of Quebec for professionals’ inspections process.
24. Ensures that nursing professionals of the institution meet the requirements of professional practice and meet the standards and criteria of competence for their profession.
25. Ensures the participation of nurses working with different disciplinary authorities that have an impact on decision-making for the care and services to users.
26. Working with teaching and clinical training organizations for nursing professionals and other staff in his/her direction.
27. Participates in research in the organization and planning of nursing care.
Education requirements :
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
• Masters in Health Administration or in a related field will be considered an advantage
• Member in good standing of the Quebec Order of Nurses.
Experience required :
• Minimum of 10 years of nursing experience
• 5 years of management in nursing with previous nursing experience in a remote area would be considered an advantage
• Possess a knowledge of the “Loi sur les services santé et les services sociaux et de ses règlements » and the network of health and social services
Other requirements :
• Ability to rally collaborators so as to meet their management objectives
• Proven ability to be flexible , rigorous and to be able to adapt to different situations
• Have a strategic vision, a capacity to anticipate and be on the cutting-edge of trends
• Bilingualism is essential- English and French both spoken and written.
- The working conditions are those set out in the regulations for managers in the health and social services network.
- The remuneration and conditions are in accordance with the MSSS standards Class 42
- Cargo premium of $115.64/week
- Isolation premium 203.66$/week without dependent, 358.99$/week with dependent;
- Retention premium 114.99$/week;
- 3 or 4 annual outings depending on status;
- Moving expenses assumed by the employer;
- Furnished housing provided if hired more than 50 km from the workplace.
- Possibility of combining work in the North with telecworking
Please send your resume and a cover letter to