The Inuulitsivik Health Centre, with more than 950 employees, is part of the Québec health and social services network (Nunavik region). It provides front-line health and social services, notably for prevention, evaluation, diagnostics and treatment, rehabilitation and support, for the population of the Hudson subregion of roughly 7 000 persons. Moreover, it provides services related to youth protection and assumes the administration of Ullivik, located in Dorval, for the Nunavik region. The Ullivik’s mission is to receive Inuit travelling to Montréal to receive health services in participating institutions. The Inuit population is spread among seven communities along the Hudson coast, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the responsability of the Assistant of the Direction of professional services, your main tasks are the prevention and education of oral hygiene to children of some community of the Hudson Bay Coast.
From established general programs, the candidate must develop specific education programs and preventive dental hygiene; collaborate with different screening programs and can assist the dentist in the exercise of its functions. He or she applies in matter of prevention and dental care, dental hygiene techniques; oversees preliminary oral examination and he anamnesis, places, carves and finishes restorations, take prints for study models; takes inventory and order dental supplies.
- Must hold a college degree with a specialization in dental hygiene from a school recognized by the Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sport. To use this reserved title, the person must be a member of the Professional Order of Dental Hygienists of Quebec.
- At the employer's request, the person concerned provides proof of its membership audit Order.
- Minimum two years of experience as a dental hygienist.
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and initiative;
- Open-mindedness and the ability to work with children are essential;
- Excellent communication in the French and English language; oral and written;
- The ability to adapt to a different workplace and work experience in the Nordic region and/or another cultural environment is an asset.
- Permanent full-time position based in Inukjuak;
- Hourly rate between $24.78 and $35.67;
- 3 to 4 annual exits depending on status;
- Premium cargo $98.09/week;
- Removal premium $203.66/week without dependent, $358.99/week with dependent;
- Retention premium $114.99/week;
- Furnished accommodation provided, moving and storage expenses reimbursed by the centre;
- Start of operation: As soon as possible
Interveners currently working in the health and social services network may apply for northern leave without pay (for up to 48 months) to work in Nunavik.
Please send your cv to: email@example.com