The primary mission of the dispensary nurse is to offer health services that correspond to the needs of the population with a community and holistic approach to health. These services must be accessible at all times and offered to all members of the community in the territory served.
Person who, in an outpost or a dispensary of a locality covered by the provisions relating to regional competences, in addition to his duties as a nurse, makes user assessments which allow the doctor to carry out a diagnosis and determine appropriate interventions. She is also called upon to perform activities and interventions that are generally reserved for physicians in other workplaces.
• Member in good standing of the OIIQ
• Expanded role training
• ULaval vaccination training
• CPR-DEA less than 6 months
• refresher training for the assessment of physical and mental condition (within the framework of Bill 90) for nurse technicians.
• Minimum experience of 3 years in care
• Diverse experience considered on an assessment basis
Conditions and benefits
• Bilingual, oral and written French and English;
• Inuktitut an asset;
• Ability to work within a multicultural work team;
• Respect for Inuit culture and traditions;
• Positive leadership;
• Open-mindedness, flexibility and adaptability;
• Global and inclusive vision;
• Sound clinical judgment;
• Facility for interpersonal relations
• Mastery of PIQ
• 20 mandatory annual hours including 7 hours accredited according to OIIQ standards;
• At least 1 annual training relevant to the field of practice according to the schedule provided by the nurse educator;
• Any other training carried out for professional development purposes relevant to the field of practice.
- Hourly rate according to the collective agreement
- Rotation + Guards
- 7.25 hours per day (36.25 hours per week)
- Cargo premium $146.29/week
- Remoteness premium $240.25/week without dependent, $423.53/week with dependent;
- Retention premium $325.80/week
- CLSC premium $186.00/week
- 3 to 4 annual outings depending on family status
- Furnished accommodation provided
For sending an application or additional and detailed information about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org