The Inuulitsivik Health Center, with over 950 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It provides front-line health and social services to the population of the Hudson Bay territory, which is composed of approximately 7,000 people, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support services. In addition, it provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The mission of the latter is to receive Inuit people who need health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is spread over seven communities on the Hudson Bay coast, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
We have needs to fill positions, on the recall list, for short and long term replacements of 6 months and more.
2491 DISPENSARY NURSE
A person who, in an outpost or dispensary in a locality covered by the regional disparity provisions, in addition to his or her nursing duties, performs client assessments that enable the physician to make a remote diagnosis and determine appropriate interventions. In addition, she is called upon to perform activities and interventions that are generally reserved for physicians in other work environments.
1911 CLINICAL NURSE
Person who assumes responsibility for a range of nursing care based on the bio-psychosocial needs of users or groups of people entrusted to him/her. He/she assesses the state of health, determines and ensures the implementation of the nursing care and treatment plan for users with complex health problems and/or varied bio-psycho-social dimensions. He/she provides nursing and medical care and treatment in order to maintain health, restore health and prevent illness.
He/she designs, implements and evaluates care programs requiring advanced knowledge, aimed at complex health problems and/or involving various bio-psycho-social dimensions. This person participates in the development or adaptation of clinical and quality of care assessment tools, coordinates teamwork and plays an advisory role with colleagues and the interdisciplinary team.
She identifies, for users, the needs and interventions requiring coordination of services within the institution and between different institutions or organizations in the community. She ensures, when necessary, the coordination of these services.
It ensures the orientation of new personnel and participates in the training of trainees. She supervises the teaching of users, their families and groups of people in specific programs and collaborates in research.
1911 CLINICAL NURSE
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing or a Bachelor's degree with three (3) eligible certificates including at least two (2) recognized certificates in nursing.
- Member of the OIIQ.
- Must have a DEC in Nursing.
- Member of the OIIQ
- Minimum experience of 2 years in critical/emergency care
- Bilingual English/French (spoken and written)
- Experience in expanded role and/or training in expanded role an asset
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to work in an isolated environment
- Openness and interest in Inuit culture
- Permanent and temporary positions available
- Hourly rate according to the agreement;
- Day shift 36,25hours/week + on call;
- Furnished housing provided;
- 3 to 4 outings per year depending on status;
- Maximum of 16 weeks leave per year;
- Cargo premium between $36.64/week and $146.29/week depending on village;
- Remoteness premium between 203.66$/week and 423.53$/week depending on village and status;
- Retention premium between $287.47/week and $325.80/week depending on village;
- CLSC premium (expanded role);
- Moving expenses assumed by the employer;
- Storage fees, if any, assumed by the employer;
- Training in the expanded role after a stint on the care unit, for those who do not have dispensary experience
***Professionals who are currently in the health and social services network can request a Nordic leave of absence without pay (up to 48 months) from their institution to work in Nunavik***. Additional details
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com