Responsible to identify needs in health services, contribute to diagnostic methods, provide and control nursing care which are called for by health promotion, prevention treatment and rehabilitation. Must also provide nursing care according to the UTHC Collective Orders Guide.
The nurse will also be asked to travel and provide services to the seven LCSC points of service (including Kuujjuaq community health), if needed. For information only, the position will be based in Kuujjuaq.
· Member of the O.I.I.Q.
· Must have successfully completed training in Expanded Role in the current year and/or have experience in community health and remote outpost (Enlarged Role)
· Working experience in an Emergency Department and in obstetrics would be a major asset
· Bilingualism French/English (spoken and written) is essential and knowledge of Inuktitut is an asset
· Ability to work in isolated milieu and within a multidisciplinary team
· Flexibility and capacity of adaptation
· Must be available to travel by plane into the other communities
SALARY: Min: $903.00 Max: $1 462.5
ISOLATION PREMIUM: $191.93 / week or more according to family status
HIGH COST OF LIV.PREM.: $59.14 / week or more according to family status
RETENTION PREMIUM: $269.23 / week
POSTING PERIOD: From 2019-07-04 to 2019-07-18, inclusively
Any employee recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which she/he is called upon to perform her/his duties, will be granted annual trips and lodging unit (Transit or shared house if required).