The Ungava Tulattavik Health Center is located in Kuujjuaq and offers the whole health and social services in the eastern part of Nunavik. Serving seven Inuit communities with an equal number of CLSC, a center for the elderly and the hospital in Kuujjuaq, it employs approximately 1,000 employees: administrators, professionals, doctors, dentists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, support staff, etc.
Nunavik communities are located north of the 55th parallel where a subarctic climate prevails. It implies the existence of permafrost allowing no agriculture. Nunavik is the largest region covering about a third of the total area of Quebec. No road link exists between the communities of Nunavik and southern Quebec, and between Nunavik communities themselves. We have access to the region and its communities by air travel and by boat.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q
- College Diploma in Nursing; a Bachelor degree in Nursing Science would be an asset
- One year of experience in public health in the various CLSC programs
- Knowledge of Home Care Program
- Nursing ‘enlarged role’; an asset
- Work experience in remote areas would be an asset
- Bilingual English / French, spoken and written, is essential; Inuktitut is an asset
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and adaptability
- Driver's license
- Available to travel in different villages of the Ungava coast according to the needs of the organization
POSSIBILITY OF TIME SHARING, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 WEEKS
SALARY: Min.: $967.88/ week Max.: $1552.13/ week
ISOLATION PREMIUM: $240.25 / week
HIGH COST OF LIVING PREM: $132.64/ week
RETENTION PREMIUM: $326.92 / week
Any person recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which she is called to perform her duties, will be granted annual trips and lodging unit as per her family status, shared lodging if necessary.
Send your application in French and English, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org