The Ungava Tulattavik Health Center is located in Kuujjuaq and offers the whole health and social services in the eastern part of Nunavik. Serving seven Inuit communities with an equal number of CLSC, a center for the elderly and the hospital in Kuujjuaq, it employs approximately 1,000 employees: administrators, professionals, doctors, dentists, psychologists, nurses, social workers, support staff, etc.
Nunavik communities are located north of the 55th parallel where a subarctic climate prevails. It implies the existence of permafrost allowing no agriculture. Nunavik is the largest region covering about a third of the total area of Quebec. No road link exists between the communities of Nunavik and southern Quebec, and between Nunavik communities themselves. We have access to the region and its communities by air travel and by boat.
Evaluate and identify the needs of people with chronic illnesses, mental health issues, palliative care and those with permanent or temporary loss of autonomy, using the Multi-Client Assessment Tool (OEMC). Contribute to diagnostic methods, provide and plan services related to health promotion, disease prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. The care provided according to a medical prescription or collective prescriptions. Respect and intervene in some prevention activities and follow-up programs in Public Health, as needed. Ensure Public Health activities (school vaccination, prevention and promotion of healthy lifestyles. Monitor mental health clients as needed. Act as a team leader and supervise family helper’s team. Share on a voluntary basis with the team of nurses in place, the emergency on-call duty at the clinic (when qualified to do so).
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- DEC in Nursing. A Bachelor's degree in Nursing will be an asset;
- Knowledge of home care program, public health (tuberculosis, immunization, sexual health, healthy lifestyle), chronic diseases, mental health;
- Knowledge the Quebec Immunization Protocol;
- Enlarged role is an important asset. Training can be provided late on;
- Work experience in remote areas would be an asset;
- Bilingual English / French, spoken and written, is essential; Inuktitut is an asset;
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and adaptability;
- Organizational skills, creativity, initiative and autonomy;
- Be available day, evening and night outside business hours;
- Valid driver's license;
- Available to travel in different villages of the Ungava coast according to the needs of the organization.
POSSIBILITY OF TIME SHARING, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 WEEKS
SALARY: Min.: 1,015.50$ Max.: 1,799.253 / week
ISOLATION PREMIUM: 240.05$ / week
HIGH COST OF LIVING: 87.64$ / week or as per the family situation
RETENTION PREMIUM: 288.46$ / week
Any person recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which she is called upon to perform her duties, will be granted annual trips and lodging unit as per her family status, shared lodging or transit if necessary. Conditions and benefits
To apply: email@example.com