Person who is responsible for a range of respiratory care techniques. She/he helps assess the user’s cardiorespiratory
function for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. The main mandate of the respiratory therapist is to ensure the follow up of homecare users in need of care and/or using apparatus supporting their cardio-respiratory condition of the IHC territory. The candidate will demonstrate initiative, a capacity for autonomy and will be comfortable in all stages of the intervention process. The person will also have a well-developed sense of organization and an ability to adapt to the job demands, in addition to having good communication skills and the capacity to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
Homecare respiratory health :
Respiratory evaluation ;
Evaluate equipment needs ;
Verification and maintenance of equipment under the technical aid program ;
Teach the users and/or family ;
Visits to all CLSC of the territory ;
Follow up of ambulatory clientele:
COPD / Asthma ;
Tobacco cessation ;
Respiratory function test;
Sleep apnea ;
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
- Perform any other tasks relevant to his functions and/or requested by his immediate superior;
- Respect all policies and procedures of IHC;
- Close client files by computer or in the paper file when the treatments are completed;
- Enter statistics by computer for each therapeutic procedure done with a client, for evaluations, etc.:
- Establish a schedule according to the needs of clients and contact them directly as needed to set up appointments;
- When necessary consult colleagues for case discussions;
- Formation to medical and nursing staff ;
- Develop and implement protocols, procedures, guides …
- May be called to support the health care team within the hospital or in the procedure room;
- Contribute to the development of the respiratory therapy program in isolated region;
- Verify and maintain in collaboration with the biomedical technician the respiratory equipment.
- College diploma specialized in as Respiratory therapy, recognized by Minister of Education of Quebec. Member of l’Ordre professionnel des inhalothérapeutes du Québec.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a respiratory therapist;
- Relevant diversified work experience in the health and social services system;
- Bilinguism French /English spoken and written;
- Ability to work in a multicultural work team;
- Respect the culture and traditions of Inuit;
- Good adaptation capability and willingness to travel to other communities;
- Experience in a remote area an asset.
- Full time permanent position based in Puvirnituq
- Hourly rate between 25.39$/hr and 39.40$/hr according to the salary scale corresponding to the job title of respiratory therapist for unionized personnel in the Health and Social Services sector.
- Cargo premium $115.64/week
- Remoteness premium $203.66/week without dependent $358.99/week with dependent
- Retention premium $114.99/week
- 3 to 4 outings per year depending on family status;
- Furnished housing provided;
- Air transportation paid by the center.
***Professionals currently in the health and social services network may apply for northern leave without pay (up to 48 months) with their institution to work in Nunavik*** Additional details
For more information or to apply, please contact : email@example.com