The Interpreter/Translator plays a crucial role:
- Promoting Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre as an Inuit culturally sensitive recovery center offering distinctive and specific programs to deal with all kind of addictions and intergenerational trauma;
- Ensure Isuarsivik guests has access to Inuktitut interpretation and translation during their 42-day healing journey at the Centre.
Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Coordinator of Inuit Values and Practices, the Interpreter/Translator is responsible for simultaneous interpretation and written translation for the organization. This person will assist the clinical team during the cycle with interpretation and then with written translation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to translate from Inuktitut to English and reverse during daily group programs;
- Responsible to assist in clarification of meaning of presentation topics
- Ability to translate from Inuktitut to English and reverse;
- Assist in creating and maintaining meaning consistency for material;
- Performs other related tasks and duties assigned by the Coordinator of Inuit Values and Practices of Isuarsivik.
- Attends daily clinical team meetings and debriefings;
- Attends weekly debriefing meeting with Program Recovery Manager and Coordinator of Inuit Values and Practices
- Completed Cegep program in a related field and/or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience in interpretation and translation;
- Experience in the field of addictions would be considered an asset (inpatient and/or outpatient program);
Knowledge and Skills
- Maintains confidentiality of staff and clients;
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting;
- Ability to draft reports, letters and documents;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge of translation software programs and equipment:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check;
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
- Isuarsivik is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from clients, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network;
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience;
- Cost of living differential are included in Isuarsivik’s employee benefit package.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL OR FAX TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre
P.O. Box 749
Kuujjuaq, Quebec (CANADA) J0M 1C0
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.