I. Position Overview
The Manager of Administration is an essential part of Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre as it is one of the most externally interactive positions within the Center.
The Manager of Administration is responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and other Managers;
- Planning external and internal meetings and events;
- Promoting the development of a positive cultural identity amongst staff and clients.
II. Purpose of Position
The Manager of Administration is responsible to provide administrative and event planning support to the Department of Administration.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate files, records and correspondence;
- Provide administrative and clerical support to all staff;
- Maintain up to date staff and Board organization charts, contact sheets and Calendar of Events;
- Coordinate/provide the translation of documents;
- Other office and administrative duties as required.
- Prepare letters, briefing notes, schedules, agendas and Board meeting packages;
- Prepare, maintain and ensure the safeguard of all correspondence, meeting minutes and records of decision;
- Write detailed reports, briefing notes and correspondence;
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for Directors, senior management, staff and consultants:
- All travel arrangements;
- Notifies/confirms all travel arrangements;
- Maintain accurate and detailed travel and accommodation logs.
Meetings, Events and Special Projects:
- Board of Directors Meetings:
- Make facilities, equipment, catering, materials and meeting arrangements:
- Meeting space;
- Ensure the availability of specific meeting-related materials, files, information and documents;
- Ensure the availability of AV equipment and general meeting materials;
- Arrange catering;
- Take minutes and maintain accurate records of decisions of staff and Board meetings and other events.
- Responsible for administrative support at all Board related meetings and events;
- Coordinate various Center meetings and events:
- Assisting in planning the event, inviting guests, preparing meeting notices, and recording the minutes of meetings (e.g., staff meetings, Center Graduation etc.).
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
- Completion of College;
- Completion of a management program would be considered an asset;
- Coursework in organizational practices or human relations would be an asset.
- 5 years related work experience;
- 1 year of supervision experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Personal and professional experience in a cross-cultural setting;
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff members, Directors, contractors and the general public;
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism;
- Ability to plan events;
- Strong ability to work independently and/or in a team;
- Ability to work outside standard office hours;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a criminal records check.
- Ability to read, write and speak Inuktitut as well as English are mandatory.
V. Work Environment
- Isuarsivik Recovery Centre is undergoing a major development process that requires flexibility, patience, creativity and adaptability;
- The incumbent must balance multiple demands and urgent requests from clients, staff and partners;
- Must be prepared to meet the personal and professional challenges associated with living in a northern, isolated community with limited resources.
- Working conditions are based on Nunavik’s health and social services network;
- Salary will be determined depending on qualifications and experience;
- Cost of living differentials are included in Isuarsivik’s employee benefits package.
SEND APPLICATION BY EMAIL TO:
Human Resources Manager
Isuarsivik Regional Recovery Centre
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. HOWEVER, WE THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INTEREST.