The Inuulitsivik Health Centre, which has more than 950 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It offers the population of the Hudson's Bay Territory, approximately 7,000 people, first-line health and social services, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support. In addition, it offers services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The latter's mission is to welcome Inuit who need to receive health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is distributed in seven communities established on the coast of Hudson Bay, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit. Under the authority of the head pharmacist, the pharmacist participates in activities related to the provision of pharmaceutical care for the community component of the population of Inukjuak and Puvirnituq according to a rotation system, for the Puvirnituq hospital center and for the other six Hudson's Bay Coast dispensaries: control of drug distribution and use, monitoring and adjustment of anticoagulant therapy, training of nursing staff, activities of the pharmacology committee and other committees of the CMPDSF as needed .
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community pharmacy component:
The pharmacist is an expert consultant in the field of drugs and pharmacotherapy. Thanks to his knowledge, he is able to advise clients on illnesses and help prevent and/or cure them.
Practice focused on pharmaceutical care and therapeutic monitoring
Excellent collaboration with doctors
Verify the accuracy of prescriptions;
Ensure the verification of prescriptions;
Analyze pharmacological records;
Monitor drug therapy;
Distribute authorized medications to clients;
Educate clients on indications, contraindications, side effects, drug interactions and dosage;
Advise clients on prescription medications, over-the-counter medications and manage their health;
Collaborate with pharmacy technical assistants;
Provide exemplary customer service.
Hospital pharmacy component:
Under the authority of the head of the pharmacy department and in accordance with the laws in force, the pharmacist participates in activities related to the control of the distribution of drugs, the optimization of the use of drugs as well as the various clinical and professional activities. of the department. The pharmacist actively participates in the development and implementation of new care programs, in the development of protocols and treatment guides as well as in teaching, evaluation and research activities. 'establishment.
Participation in the council of doctors, dentists, pharmacists and midwives of the health center, as an active member, as well as in sub-committees;
Any other responsibilities delegated by the immediate supervisor may include participation in pharmacy development projects.
- B.Pharm. or equivalent (Pharm.D.);
- Member in good standing of the OPQ.
- Compliant professional liability insurance;
- Experience of more or less 1 year in a similar position;
- Experience in the health and social services network, an asset;
- Ability to interact with the multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to meet required deadlines;
- Oral and written bilingualism;
- Mastery of Word and Excel;
- Team spirit, great sense of collaboration and developed communication skills;
- Flexibility and excellent adaptability;
- Strong interest in working in a different cultural context and environment;
- Good ability to work under pressure and in an emergency context;
- Discreet, autonomous, responsible, curious, resourceful;
- Updating of knowledge;
- Receptivity to training given by peers.
- Temporary full-time 6 months based in Inukjuak with possibility of extension;
- Hourly rate between $43.93 and $55.47;
- Shift 40h/week,
- 8-9 weeks in the North/4 weeks off in the South depending on status;
- 3 to 4 annual outings depending on the status;
- Profit-sharing bonus: 40 hours of 6%; 45% job retention bonus;
- Attraction and retention bonus between 2.6% and 7.4%;
- Food allowance: $98.09/week;
- Remote allowance: $203.66/week without dependents and $358.99 with dependents;
- Furnished accommodation provided;
- Moving expenses assumed by the employer;
- Storage costs, if any, assumed by the employer.
Those interested in applying are requested to do so in writing to this email address: email@example.com