The Inuulitsivik Health Center, with more than 950 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It provides the population of the Hudson's Bay Territory, which is approximately 7,000 people, with first-line health and social services, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support. In addition, it provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The mission of the latter is to welcome Inuit people who need to receive health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is distributed in seven communities established on the coast of Hudson Bay, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the authority of the head pharmacist, the pharmacist participates in activities related to the provision of pharmaceutical care for the community component of the population of Inukjuak and Puvirnituq in a rotation system, for the hospital center in Puvirnituq and for the six other dispensaries on the Hudson Bay coast: control of the distribution and use of drugs, follow-up and adjustment of anticoagulant therapy, teaching of nursing staff, activities of the pharmacology committee and other committees of the CMPDSF if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community pharmacy component:
The pharmacist is an expert consultant in the field of drugs and drug therapy. Through his/her knowledge, he/she is able to advise clients on illnesses and help prevent and/or cure them.
Practice focused on pharmaceutical care and therapeutic follow-up
Excellent collaboration with doctors
- Verify the accuracy of prescriptions;
- Ensure the verification of prescriptions;
- Analyze pharmacological records;
- Monitor drug therapy;
- Dispensing permitted medications to clients;
- Educate clients on indications, contraindications, side effects, drug interactions and dosage;
- Advising clients on prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs and managing their health;
- Collaborate with pharmacy technical assistants;
- Provide exemplary customer service.
Under the authority of the head of the pharmacy department and in accordance with the laws in force, the pharmacist participates in activities related to the control of the distribution of drugs, the optimization of the use of drugs as well as the various clinical and professional activities of the department.
The pharmacist actively participates in the development and implementation of new care programs, the development of protocols and treatment guides as well as teaching, evaluation and research activities. 'establishment.
Participation in the Council of Physicians, Dentists, Pharmacists and Midwives of the health center, as an active member, as well as in sub-committees;
Any other responsibilities delegated by the immediate supervisor may include participation in pharmacy development projects.
- B.Pharm. or equivalent (Pharm.D.);
- Member in good standing of the OPQ. Compliant professional liability insurance;
- Experience of more or less 1 year in a similar position;
- Experience in the health and social services network, an asset;
- Ability to interact with the multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to meet required deadlines;
- Oral and written bilingualism;
- Mastery of Word and Excel;
- Team spirit, great sense of collaboration and developed communication skills;
- Flexibility and excellent adaptability;
- Strong interest in working in a different cultural context and environment;
- Good ability to work under pressure and in an emergency context;
- Discreet, autonomous, responsible, curious, resourceful;
- Updating of knowledge;
- Receptivity to training given by peers.
- Temporary full-time 6 months based in Inukjuak with possibility of extension;
- Hourly rate between $43.93 and $55.47;
- Shift 40hrs/week, 8-9 weeks in the North/4 weeks leave in the South depending on status;
- 3 to 4 annual outings depending on the status;
- Incentive bonus: 40H of 6%;
- 45% job retention bonus;
- Attraction and retention bonus between 2.6% and 7.4%;
- Food allowance: $98.09/week;
- Remoteness premium: $203.66/week without dependent and $358.99 with dependent;
- Furnished accommodation provided;
- Moving costs assumed by the employer;
- Storage costs, if any, assumed by the employer.
For more information or to apply at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org