The Inuulitsivik Health Centre, with more than 900 employees, is part of the Québec health and social services network in the Nunavik region. It provides front-line health and social services for the population of the Hudson subregion. The Inuit population is distributed among the seven communities along the Hudson Bay coast, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the authority of the head pharmacist, the pharmacist shall participate in activities related to the provision of community pharmaceutical care for the population of Puvirnituq, the hospital centre of Puvirnituq as well as the six points of service on the Hudson coast: control of the distribution and use of medication, instruction for the nursing personnel, and activities of the pharmacological committee and the CPDPM. The current work team consists of two full-time pharmacists, one part-time pharmacist and four technical assistants.
- Membership in good standing with the Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences
- Master’s degree in hospital pharmacy, certificate in community pharmacy or the equivalent shall be considered a major asset
- Relevant experience in hospital pharmacy, familiarity with the Assyst Rx system
- Spoken and written skills in English and French
- Capacity for adaptation and work within a multidisciplinary team, good sense of responsibility
- The position requires much versatility; in effect, our institution’s pharmaceutical practice has two components: conventional hospital pharmacy and community pharmacy serving the community’s outpatient population. The tasks are equally divided between the pharmacists in the form of weekly rotations.
- Hourly rate according to the 2015-2020 APES -MSSS agreement
- Day shift of 40 hours per week, eight to nine weeks in the North alternating with four weeks’ leave in the South depending on status
- Three to four annual trips depending on status
- Incentive premium of 40 hours at 6%
- Job-stability premium of 30%
- Attraction and retention premiums from 2.6% to 7.4%
- Cargo allowance of $115.64 per week
- Isolation premium of $191.93 per week
- Installation lump sum of $25 000$ for the first year
- Furnished housing provided
- Moving expenses assumed by the employer
- Storage expenses, if applicable, assumed by the employer
***Professionals working in the health and social services network can apply with their institution for northern leave without pay (up to 48 months) to work in Nunavik***