STATUS: Temporary full-time (36.25 hours/week)
One (1) year with possibility of prolongation
SUPERIOR: Head of program Elders/Head of program Homecare
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
FUNCTIONS:Offer assistance and physical accompaniment to patients in order to participate in the improvement or maintenance of their state of health. Ensure a presence with patients, help them at different times of the day (lifting, hygiene, bedtime and meals) by offering support to dress, eat and wash. All of their tasks in respect of the dignity and integrity of patients, in order to contribute to their well-being. The person is part of the care team and will participate in the interdisciplinary team; will also collaborate with members of the nursing unit and act as first responders in certain situations.
· Have a professional education diploma in personal assistance at the institution and in homecare. The lack of a degree could be compensated by sufficient experience in the field.
· Bilingual English / French, spoken and written, is essential and Inuktitut is an asset
· 2 years’ experience in long-term care and / or homecare
· Ease and efficiency in teamwork
· The ability to adapt to a different work environment and work experience in the Nordic region and / or in another cultural milieu is an asset.
· Love to work in contact with the public and clients who are losing their physical and cognitive autonomy
· Have an easy listening and to communicate
· Be responsible and organized
· Sense of responsibility and diligence
· Demonstrate initiative, maturity and autonomy
· Have a good physical capacity and have a good physical shape
SALARY: Min. 744.94 $ Max. 810.19 $ / week
ISOLATION PREMIUM: 191.93 $ or 338.29 $ / week - according to family status
HIGH COST OF LIVING: 59.14 $ / week - according to family status
Any employee recruited in Quebec more than 50 kilometers from the locality in which she/he is called to perform her/his duties, will be granted annual trips (4) and lodging. Shared lodging or transit if necessary.
Send your application in French and English by email:firstname.lastname@example.org