The Inuulitsivik Health Center, with more than 900 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It provides the population of the Hudson's Bay Territory, made up of approximately 7,000 people, with front-line health and social services, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support. In addition, it provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The mission of the latter is to welcome Inuit people who need to receive health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is distributed in seven communities established on the coast of Hudson Bay, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Under the direction of the Professional Services, the postulant will have to ensure the follow-up of the pregnancies, the deliveries and the postpartum care for the mother and the child jointly with the midwives and local students. We are looking for staff for a permanent position and replacements.
Conditions and benefits
Canadian citizenship or work permit for Canada;
Be a member of the Order of Midwives of Quebec (O.S.F.Q.) An agreement between the Inuulitsivik Health Center and the O.S.F.Q. allows midwives already registered with a professional order in Canada to obtain reciprocity and to benefit from an adapted method of payment, depending on the duration and frequency of the contracts;
Up-to-date Obstetrical Emergency certification (ESW, ALSO, ALARM or MORE);
Certification in Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation (ANLS) including intubation;
Autonomy and initiative;
Open-mindedness, the ability to teach and the ability to listen are essential;
Excellent command of the French and English language; oral and written;
The ability to adapt to a different work environment and work experience in a northern region and/or in another cultural environment is an asset.
Valid driver's license
A permanent full-time contract based in Puvirnituq;
- Occasional part-time contracts (periods of 4-8 weeks), for 4-6 months during the year to work at the three maternity wards;
- Hourly rate between $31.29 and $53.11;
- Furnished accommodation provided;
- 3 to 4 annual outings depending on status;
- Maximum of 16 weeks of leave per year;
- Cargo premium between $36.64/week and $146.29/week depending on village;
- Remote premium between $191.93/week and $399.10/week depending on village and status;
- Retention premium between $114.99/week and $225.18/week depending on years of service in the North;
- Moving costs assumed by the employer;
- Storage costs, if any, assumed by the employer.
**Professionals who are currently in the health and social services network can request a Nordic leave without pay (up to 48 months) to work in Nunavik**
Contact and send application: