The Inuulitsivik Health Centre, with over 950 employees, is part of the Quebec health and social services network, Nunavik region. It provides the population of the Hudson Bay territory, which is made up of approximately 7,000 people, with front-line health and social services, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and support services. In addition, it provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval. The mission of the latter is to receive Inuit people who need health services in participating Montreal hospitals. The Inuit population is distributed in seven communities on the Hudson Bay coast, from Kuujjuaraapik to Salluit.
Ensures the education and rehabilitation of the beneficiaries in an institutional setting with mental health problems according to the intervention programs established in collaboration with the team of professionals in place, with a view to the rehabilitation of the individual and/or his/her reintegration into society.
Implements treatments using appropriate equipment when necessary.
Applies educational techniques using the acts of daily living by organizing, coordinating, and facilitating activities as outlined in the service program to ensure the learning and acquisition of appropriate attitudes and behaviors.
Observes and analyzes the behavior of clients.
Participates in the evaluation of their needs and abilities.
Records their progress by drafting appropriate documents.
Provides programming for his/her activities.
Diploma of College Studies in special education or institutional re-education from a recognized school;
- Understanding and experience with adult mental health issues;
- Fluency in French and English essential, spoken and written;
- Initiative and autonomy;
- Teamwork skills;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ease of adaptation to another culture;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Valid driver's license
Conditions et benefits
- Recall list for replacements
- Hourly rate between 23,12$/hour and 33,61$/hour
- Cargo allowance Inukjuak 98.09$/week, Puvirnituq 115.64$/week
- Remoteness allowance of 203.66$ and 423.53$/week depending on the village ;
- Retention allowance 114,99$/week ;
- Group Insurance ;
- Furnished accommodation provided ;
- Moving and storage expenses reimbursed by the Centre ;
- Up to 16 weeks of leave per year ;
- Any employee recruited in Quebec more than fifty (50) kilometers from the locality where they are called upon to perform their duties, will be entitled to annual outings and accommodation provided according to their status (transit or house to share if the situation requires it).
***Professionals who are currently working for the health and social services network may request a leave without pay from their institution to work in Nunavik (up to 48 months)***
Those interested in applying are requested to do so in writing to this email address: email@example.com