The Inuulitsivik Health Center, with more than 900 employees, is part of the health and social services network of Quebec, Nunavik region. Provides front-line health and social services to the population of the Hudson Bay Territory of approximately 7,000 people, including prevention, assessment, diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support services. Provides services related to youth protection as well as the management, for the Nunavik region, of Ullivik located in Dorval.
A person who performs design, orientation, consultation, updating, analysis and evaluation activities in one or more social programs. Under the authority of ULLIVIK(Inuulitsivik Health Centre), the incumbent provides a full range of professional social work services to beneficiaries residing in Nunavik. - Facilitates the hospital process for the individual by offering psychological support and concrete and effective assistance and liaises with partners in the communities ; - Welcomes families and explains to them the functioning of the hospital system, as well as the resources and services to which they are entitled ; - Conducts a psychosocial assessment to determine the needs of the patient and/or family and establish the requirements to be met. Identifies potential difficulties and risks for the person and assesses his or her ability to adapt ; - Helps the family find appropriate resources in Montreal and the region 17 ; - Liaises with Ullivik and northern communities. Ensures that individuals receive the services intended for them.
- Must have a first university degree in social work at the end of the course.
- Be a member of the Ordre des travailleurs sociaux du Québec) Practical knowledge.
- Experience working with clients suffering from addiction (an asset).
- Knowledge of Nunavik (an asset)
- Knowledge of psychosocial issues (an asset).
- Functional knowledge of the Office suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel), e-mail and Internet software.
- Skills for interpersonal relations, teamwork and collaboration with various stakeholders.
- Dynamic, autonomous and responsible.
- Good judgment, organization and planning skills.
- Bilingualism required in two (2) of the three (3) languages in use in Nunavik (English, Inuktitut, French).
Temporary full time position based in DorvalAdditional details
PUBLISHING DATE: May 18th to June 14th, 2021
Interested individuals must ensure that their nomination is received in the office of Marie-Pierre Bergeron, Human Resources Manager, no later than June 14th, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
695 Orly Avenue Dorval, QC